Tenant Information Glasgow

Application Process and Form

If you wish to proceed with renting a property:
  • You will need to complete a Tenant Application Form and return it to our office. We will require one form from each person that wishes to be named on the lease.
  • To secure the property we require £350 to be paid as a holding deposit when you complete and return the application forms. This can be paid by bank transfer or in cash. Please note we do not accept credit or debit card payments.
  • This will secure the property for you whilst we perform a credit check and check your references, which normally takes a few days. The £350 is only refundable if you do not pass the credit check or your references are not acceptable.
  • When the checks are complete, we will send you the lease to sign and the balance of the deposit will be due to be paid on signing of the lease.
  • The first month's rent will be payable shortly before moving into the property.


We normally require a deposit of between 4-6 weeks rent, depending on the property. The balance of the deposit will be payable on signing of the lease after deducting the holding deposit.


We may require a Guarantor if you do not satisfy our credit reference check or if you are a student. The Guarantor will be required to complete a Tenant Application Form and will be subject to a credit check. They will then be required to sign a Guarantee Agreement.

Lease Agreement

You will be provided with a copy of the tenancy agreement in advance of signing the agreement. The agreement will be a Private Residential Tenancy in accordance with the Private Housing (Tenancies) (Scotland) Act 2016. The tenancy will be an open-ended agreement starting on the agreed date and will continue until you give the landlords 28 days written notice that you wish to end the agreement. The landlord may also give notice to end the tenancy under certain grounds and will normally have to give 84 days written notice. These grounds are explained in the agreement.


You should consider taking out contents insurance as it is your responsibility to insure your belongings. The landlord’s insurance will only cover damage caused to the landlord’s fittings and furnishings. You can obtain a competitive contents insurance quote from our insurance brokers, Alan Boswell Group.

Moving you into the property

We will arrange to meet you at the property. Together we will review the inventory and the condition of the property and then sign the inventory with you. You will be expected to return the property at the end of the lease in the same condition as when you moved in, fair wear and tear accepted.

Repairs and Maintenance of the Property

We strongly encourage you to report any repairs required as soon as you become aware of them. Please contact our office on 0141 221 1827. We will arrange for one of our dedicated maintenance team to attend the property, having agreed a suitable time with you in advance.

"Prompt responses when required. Clear communication at all times."

Douglas Dickson Tenant Survey 2024
Letting Agents Glasgow

Tenant Management Glasgow     Letting Agents Glasgow

Lost keys or locked out of your property

If you lose your keys or lock yourself out of your property call our office and if we hold a spare set, you can collect them from our office. If this is outside of our office hours call our emergency helpline. There will be a minimum charge of £48 if we are able to provide you with a set of keys. If we are not, you will be responsible for arranging an emergency locksmith to provide access for you.

Tenant Management Glasgow     Letting Agents Glasgow

Emergency Repairs

If an emergency repair is required outside of our office hours, please call our office number on 0141 221 1827 and press 1 to be connected to our emergency helpline. Leave your name, contact telephone number, property address and brief description of the problem and someone will call you back as soon as possible.

If the response is not quick enough and there is water leaking, please use the yellow pages or internet search and contact an emergency plumber such as C Hanlon on 0141 637 3199.

If you have no water and suspect it may be a problem with the main supply, please report the fault to Scottish Water on their helpline number 0800 0778778 or report it on their website.

If you smell gas please contact the Transco emergency number on 0800 111999 and follow their instructions. Please then inform us what they have advised you to do by calling our 24 hour emergency helpline on 0141 221 1827.

Share this page

Contact us today

For more information about one of our properties or for more information on our service, contact our office today. Visit our contact page to get more information.

Glasgow's Premier Letting Agent Douglas Dickson

Douglas Dickson have been managing properties in the Glasgow area for over 30 years. We are a dedicated team committed to providing a personal, professional service to landlords and tenants. As a family owned company, our origins began managing our own properties and we continue that ethos today, treating all our landlords' properties as if they were our own and helping our tenants with their moving process.

We believe that prevention is the best form of maintenance and encourage our tenants to report small problems, as an early repair will save expense and inconvenience later on. At Douglas Dickson we have a dedicated maintenance team that can deal swiftly with all day to day property maintenance. Our friendly, helpful office staff are always on hand to assist with any enquiries or concerns from landlords or tenants. .

Property management is our business, if we can help you please feel free to contact us.

Moving Out of the Property

If you wish to end the tenancy, you will need to give the landlord at least 28 days notice that you wish to end the tenancy. We will agree a date together to check you out of the property. You are responsible for ensuring the property is left in the same condition as when you moved in, fair wear and tear accepted. We will check the property and the inventory with you.

In particular you need to ensure the property is thoroughly cleaned, including the cooker, oven, fridge, bathrooms and internal and external windows. Should you require a recommendation for a cleaner or window cleaner, we can provide you with details.

Privacy Policy

We take your privacy seriously. Our Privacy Policy and Fair Processing Notice explains what we do with your personal information and how we keep it secure.

1. Download Privacy Policy


2. Download Fair Processing Notice